Saturday, June 19, 2010

Broken.

 I'm back! I know its been quite some time sense I've posted something, so i apologize. Hope yall are having an amazing summer! Enjoy. :)

  Okay, have you ever had one of those mornings where you're just super tired and in a daze? Basically you might as well be a zombie? Well that was me this today. I didn't sleep very good, had some crazy dreams, woke up way to many times, and blah blah blah all those excuses right? I went to the kitchen, like any other normal morning, and decided for breakfast I desperately wanted some cherrios. So I go to the cabinet to grab a bowl and guess what happened? Instead of grabbing the bowl I just reached for it and throw it on the ground. Not really, but it did somehow end up on the floor, and continued to break into a million pieces. (Alright that's a little bit of an exaggeration.) This happen to you? If so you know exactly what I mean when I say that I wanted to go break something else or just say a few uh not very nice words. Then, because I was still in this zombie daze of mine, I just stood there, kinda having the confused dog look on my face...while tilting my head back and forth. When I finally got all my emotions together I walked out of the room, got some shoes on, came back and started cleaning up the mess I made. So what's the point in me telling you this story? Well keep reading.  
     I'm sure almost every single person has had a moment in there life where everything just seems to fall apart. It's so shocking when something comes crashing down. A lot of times you just stand there, and have absolutely know idea what to do next. Maybe it was a past sin, or you really thought you had a perfect life and then in a blink of an eye everything changed. No reason for it either, it just happened. It's a lot like breaking a bowl or a glass. And the part that really stinks is a lot of times you see it coming. I saw the bowl falling down to the floor, but I couldn't do anything about it. I had to wait, and see what the outcome was. Nine times out of ten, the glass that hits the floor is going to break. You've had moments like this, where you are completely broken. Disaster all around you. Sure, you could ignore it, put it off for later. I could have done that this morning, but I didn't. That would be stupid if I did. There would be glass all over the floor, and I would continue to step on it and hurt not only myself but other people who came into the room. So why, if you wouldn't leave glass all over the kitchen floor, would you leave a mess in your life? Another thought, nobody was awake at the time. I couldn't say "Mom! I made a mess, could you come clean it up?" That would be totally unfair. I took care of it myself. I got down on my hands and knees and cleaned up every single little piece of glass I could find. It took awhile too, but once I was done I had a nice clean floor to walk on.
    To sum it all up, sometimes you got to get down and dirty with the mess of whatever you have in your life. Its no fun, and it takes time. Afterwards though you have a clean slate, with God, yourself, and other people. And you may think you have lost something, but where that old bowl or glass was you now have a new empty place to fill up with something amazing.

  Deliverance can come to us only by the defeat of our old life. Safety and peace come only after we have been forced to our knees. God rescues us by breaking us, by shattering our strength and wiping out our resistance." A. W. Tozer

 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment